References to the World
I'm writing this page in hopes of staving off everyone who will say "You stole this idea from that," and "Didn't they do that in this?"
I've had the concept for this fanfic for quite a while. I've been writing it for over months (and at this point, I've only completed four episodes) and had the idea for it for at least 6 months before that. This does NOT mean I'm saying "I didn't copy him, he copied me" because these only came online in July 2002. It's entirely possible for individuals to have the same idea independently.
But I've always believed in giving credit where credit is due. No matter how much I like/hate something, I'll give them props (did I just say "give them props"?) when they're deserved.
"Props" are sorted by episode and only come online when the episode does.
- Power Rangers : Task Force
- I realize this is a redundant name. After all, the Power Rangers are a Task Force. But I only call them "Power Rangers" because it's based on Power Rangers. Not every Star Trek took place on the Enterprise, right? They are a task force, so that's what they're called.
- I realize that "Time Force" and "Task Force" sound very alike, have the same initials, yadda yadda yadda. This wasn't intentional but I don't really care.
- Episode 1: Primary Colors
- The whole "language" thing grew from an old feature: the rangers would each be fluent in multiple languages. This was quickly discarded as I am only fluent in one (English) and can, at best, limp through Spanish.
- As far as I know, the glove morphers are original. But if you could see the morphing dance that I have choreographed in my head, it looks like the dance from Kakuranger. That's probably the only sentai reference I'll make.
- Robosoldiers, cyclobots, cogs... they're all grunts. How original do you want me to be?
- Episode 2: Finding the Fourth
- Kara was designed to be the first person to figure out someone's identity as a ranger. Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Justin, Silvy (PRIS) and Mitch (PRTF) all stumbled onto the ranger identities. I don't know if that's a complete list, but there are quite a few episodes I haven't seen.
- TEC's glowing eyes comes from my favorite cartoon, The Zeta Project. When Zeta uses his scanners, his eyes have green crosshairs on them.
- Episode 3: Completing the Team
- I realize Cole has made his stance as a peacenik. But Janet's pacifism was not inspired by him (and I'm sure Janet would make a much better actor).
- The "Visual Scan" was probably inspired by the Rocky's Power Scope in PR:TM and the LR visors ability to scan things.
- Janet turning away from the exploding enemy comes from just about every episode of Power Rangers, where they turn away and strike a pose while their defeated opponent explodes behind them.
- For anyone who's wondering, that really is how you derive the formulae that allow us to combine resistances. Ask me about Norton- and Thevenin-equivalent circuits.
- Episode 4: Fraternity
- In a much earlier fanfic I concocted and never actually put on paper, one ranger was up against a national fraternity, "Delta Phi Delta," which stood for "Destined For Domination." I have no idea if there really is a Delta Phi Delta, but I know there's a Delta Tau Delta and didn't want to tick anyone off. I still don't, so there will be no evil fraternities, only stereotypical ones.
- If this episode seemed long, I apologize. It was the combination of two episodes (one with Alex joining the fraternity, the other with the rangers learning about TEC's past) I was planning on writing. It was either two weak episodes or one cramped one. I figured I could loosely tie together the "brothers" thing so I took a shot at it.